The diocesan archive of Valladolid, mentions it for the first time in the 12th century, previously naming it Molino Quemado (Burnt Mill).
In 1573, the Lords of Peñafiel bought the mill for 11,000 maravedís (old Spanish currency) and the Duke of Osasuna presented it as a gift for the foundation of the Study of grammar. In 1868 Don Pedro de la Torre Hortigüela bought and rebuilt it.
The latest renovation was in 1995, when, with respect to the original structure and its history, it became Molino de Palacios Restaurant of Ribera del Duero.
Exhibiting paintings from different prominent artists, it promises a comfortable environment with a wood-burning oven and two dining rooms that can seat 140 people. It is a must visit in autumn, with the Day of Game and Mushrooms, already in its seventh year.
Logically, Denomination of Origin Ribera del Duero wines accompany great dishes such as the Roast suckling lamb, Mushrooms of the mill, Seasonal mushrooms, Seasonal small game, Pickled turkey and partridge, Rice with rabbit or hare, Free range chicken and Homemade desserts